Sunday, July 17, 2005

Harry's character is not as angsty. I wish that Rowling hadn't made that decision to kill off the character but i guess it's probably a prelude to what may come in the future because the book kind of ends with a promise of war. I understand why she wrote the book that way but of course anyone would hope for something that probably had rainbows and sunshines at the end. And what i really really hope for is that the last book WOULD end with rainbows and sunshines, i know the book has changed to become darker and less of a children's book but wouldn't it be wonderful if for just that last book, all could go back to the way it was meant to be? A happily ever after fitting for a fairy tale ending?
I guess I can only hope. :)
It struck me that if we had to do an analysis for an extract from that book, i would probably pick out features of love (personal and family love and the power of it), responsilibilty and sacrifice for the greater good, the importance of friendship and family, and the need for the continued existance of the belief of good winning against evil. Above all, i see the book encompassing all aspects of that good, highlighting also that evil exists but not without some semblance of hope for the future.